Good Morning! Treat Day – Week 2 was last Thursday at Halas Hall since the game is today vs. the Denver Broncos. For our 2nd week of treats I wanted to send something brand new to the team. 2019 marks my 8th season of treat-making for the guys so I already know that Peanut Butter anything is very popular with them. I found this recipe in late July (when the team goes to training camp, I get to work on finding and testing new recipes on my friends and coworkers at The Chicagoland Chamber). While scrolling my Instagram feed one night I came across a picture of a brownie that I knew had to be tested. I woke up the next morning, ran to the store for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (I had all other ingredients on hand) and got to work on test baking. When I got to the office, I popped the pan into the freezer for a few minutes to let the brownies set a little more, since my commute downtown is about an hour door-to-door. I waited about 10 minutes, and then cut them up for bite sized portions. I sent out an “All-Staff” memo subject line: “Peanut Butter Brownies in the Kitchen” and then in the body of the email told them this is a new recipe, so needed honest opinions from anyone who tries them. The results were overwhelming positive….Joey sent me a response email and said, this is the best thing he had ever tasted and I was his new favorite person. Haha! That was only one of SEVERAL opinions from my friends at the Chamber. I myself even thought they were exceptional, and peanut butter is actually not my favorite choice when it comes to treats. SO, that morning I officially added the brownie recipe to my rotation of treats for the upcoming 2019 season. The blogger calls these brownies “Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies” but I have renamed them and refer to them as “Peanut Butter CRUNCH Brownies” because they are loaded with, not only Peanut Butter & Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, but a half a cup of chopped peanuts…as well as Rice Krsipies – so they are crunchy!! And they are delicious. On Thursday morning treat day, I received a text from Jack who works in the Video Department for the Bears and it read: “Holy cow…those peanut butter fudge crispy things are AMAZING”. There you have it…these treats are everything and more that you’ve been looking for in a Peanut Butter treat. Give yourself a break from standard peanut butter cookies and give these brownies a try… everyone will love you for it…I promise! Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies
And here are the few tips I have for you:
- I used Ghiradelli Boxed Brownie Mix – the chocolate with the syrup pack – but your favorite brownie mix will do just fine, as the star of the show here is not really the brownie base, but the Peanut Butter Cups and peanuts and chocolaty peanut butter fudgy layer on top!
- I use Jif Creamy peanut butter. I grew up on Skippy but made the switch to Jif in my adult life, as I think it has a better peanut flavor… just my opinion!
- I used Planters Honey-Roasted Peanuts… because I love them right out of the jar
- I always use Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips – and this recipe says you can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate… I use semi-sweet because I am afraid milk chocolate might be too sweet in here. But again, just my preference.
- Definitely chill the brownies to set them up before cutting into them. I then put them in cupcake liners for serving
That’s it! I hope you enjoy them if you do try them. You will not be disappointed!
Thank you so much for reading my blog…and GO BEARS!!!